• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't verify Subscription

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I work all over Africa and for the most part in really remote locations without wifi, internet access or even cell signal. I will be in these situations for 3-6 months at a time. 

Is there a way I can still use LRC without having to be connected to the internet? It is impossible for me to edit my work otherwise and waiting for 6 months to edit my photos is not an option.

Is there anything that can be done besides using different software? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this document, you get 30 days between subscription verification checks (which require internet connection), plus 99 days where you can still use the product offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a chance that you are really without internet for up to 6 months, then I think Lightroom is not an option.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short of a satellite phone you'd use like a cell to tether and contact Adobe servers, as others have said, the best you'll get is 99 days after the last activation contact online.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Note that if you have an annual subscription, you can use LR for 129 days without needing to connect online.  Here's what the help page says:johnrellis_0-1660588663182.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines