• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot access catalogue because "it is being used by another process?"

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom has become unusuable because when I attempt to open it I get the message " The process cannot access the folder because it is being used by another process." I have run out of solutions. I am running Windows 11.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have been fixed for Mac users https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-... but I don't know what is happening on a Windows 11 machine. @Rikk Flohr: Photography do you have any ideas about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@keiththompson, ensure you've got the latest version, LR 12.0.1, by doing the LR menu command Help > System Info.

Also, try the troubleshooting steps here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

The error message you quoted doesn't match the error message in that help article precisely, but the steps are quick to follow, so let's rule it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that the same person posted this, which shows the exact same error message as in the Mac case, but he has a Windows computer

Later in that thread, he says Adobe tech support took over his computer and fixed the problem, but gave no hint (so far) as to what the solution was. Perhaps Adobe Tech support has logs of who called and what they did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to get this with a cloud backup service.  I had to exclude the folder the catalog lives to keep this from happening.  With the catalog being constantly updated from Lightroom, my cloud backup was constantly trying to re-upload the file.  I do make sure the catalog backups are set to upload.

I would make sure no other programs are accessing the file for any backup/catalog/indexing/mirroring processes.  You could try running Windows in safe mode as a way to troubleshoot.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines