• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot access Colour Overlay Settings panel in Lightroom Classic 11.2 on macOS 11.6.4

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 11.2

MacOS 11.6.4

1) Apply a mask to the image, a red mask appears

2) In the masking panel, click the red square to access the Color Overlay Settings to change the mask colour - Nothing happens

3) Click the "..." a panel opens with Color Overlay Settings ... at the bottom, click that, nothing happens.

4) Use Shift-O, mask overlay changes colours correctly

For fun, I opened LRcc 5.2 on my mac to see how that worked. I can access the overlay color panel.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. You can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...actually resetting my preferences caused a SERIOUS problem!

I am using BigSur, when I reset my prefernces, I knew I would have to restore a few things. What I didn't expect was all my paper profiles would dissapear from Lightroom. After searching I found that there is a know problem with BigSur. If you loose profiles, as happened with the preference reset, you cannot add them back, so I could not print. I was left with no choice but to upgrade to Monteray. Profiles immediately appeared and the colour settings dialog also came back.

The moral is not to suggest resetting preferences as the first option to fix a problem without a warning about known bugs with the operating systm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines