• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot customize develop panel in lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read where you can right click on the development panels in the customize develop panel box to rearrange the development panel order. Well not on my version which is current. When I right click I get the Ø symbol and nothing changes. Any ideas whats going on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

You get that circle with slash when you are over another section title. But if you go in between the section titles you can drop it.

I guess you are on a notebook and using the TrackPad, and or a desktop and trackpad of some type.

Slow the cursor movement down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you're not able to customize the Develop panels, could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you're working on?

You can drag the Develop panels on the right of the workspace in the order you would like to see them in your custom Develop panel menu. You can also choose to show or hide the panels as required.

To customize the Develop panel menu, do the following:

• Right-click (Win) / Control-click (Mac) on the header of any panel.
  • Select Customize Develop Panel from the context menu that opens.
  • In the Customize Develop Panel dialog box that opens, drag the panel names in the desired order.
  • Click Save. To hide any panel, deselect the check box next to the panel name. To show a hidden panel, select the check box next to the panel name. To restore the default order, click Default Order.
  • Relaunch Lightroom Classic to see the Develop panels in the new order in the Confirm dialog that opens.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8.2.1 Release Build 1206193 Win 10 newest update

The only thing I can do in the customize develop panel window is uncheck the individual check boxes. Trying to right click and drag them  does nothing in the develop window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not get this?

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 19.13.47.png

You said you get the Ø symbol. Where? Can do post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep see it just fine but when I left click on them I get the Ø symbol which I interpret to mean you can't move them even after watching a video of someone doing just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right hold on now if I do it real slow I can get them to move. Sometime they move some times they don't but I guess it can be done.

Thanks for the help

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get that circle with slash when you are over another section title. But if you go in between the section titles you can drop it.

I guess you are on a notebook and using the TrackPad, and or a desktop and trackpad of some type.

Slow the cursor movement down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly as stated by JSM-  There is a 'fine line' between the panel names in the Manage dialog.

When you drag the panel name you need to position the mouse pointer exactly when you see the line appear between other names.

eg. Dragging 'Effects' between Lens Corrections and Transform-

ScreenShot409.jpg  ScreenShot417.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any trick to it. But what OS and what language are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to do the same thing. I do not get the above picture.  I don't have customize develop panel.  I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT possible to rearrange panels in any of the modules in Lightroom. This is a feature that some users have requested. However, it has not been addressed by Adobe so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, currently on MacBook Pro, LR Classic CC 8.2.1 MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Yes, in the Develop Module, right click over any of the right side panels, select customize, drag as you see fit

I was able to point in the center of any seleted panel name and drag, did not have to click on or inbetween lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to point in the center of any seleted panel name and drag, did not have to click on or inbetween lines.

The 'Click-Drag' is easy. It is the 'Drop' that is more difficult highlighting the inbetween!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines