• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Delete Rejected Photos on External Drive

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many years of using LR and PC's, I moved to a Mac. Have an external WD Elements drive, and when I try to delete files from the command, Delete Rejected Files, I get a dialogue box which says that the volume does not support moving files to the bin, do I want to permanently delete them?

Yes, I say, fine, go ahead, and nothing happens.

Cannot do it one at a time, or several at a time, or by highlighting the file name, or by simply using the delete key.

I see that that issue has come up before, but a) it's not a bad drive, and b) I have tried resetting preferences in LR.

I know there are workarounds, but LR is photo management software, and this function seems pretty essential.

Can anyone from Adobe help me out? This is a brand new Mac Pro running the latest OS and an updated version of LR Classic.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I believe this may have something to do with the external drive being in NTFS format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a LR issue -- Mac OS can't write to NTFS volumes without a third-party add-on:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mac+ntfs&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS921US921&oq=mac+ntfs&aqs=chrome..69i57.4905... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep - figured that out not long after I posted - thanks for replying though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines