• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export a catalog with smart previews since getting my new computer

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I got a new macpro this week. Since when I build smart previews and export as a catalog it does not seem to work. When I open on my other machine as usually either one photo only comes through or a few. When I definately selected 343 original files and built their smart previews and exported as usual. There must be one silly thing I am missing causing this. My catlogs from my ohter computerss end up being 1.4G or thereabout the new computers are only 500MB 

Please help its sort of an emergency I need to get it right this morning

Thank you in advancea

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that the catalog on the Mac Pro does not have 'missing' images that you try to export as catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothere are no missing images but my editor noticed at the top it says original plus previews... but I have no idea why! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"..the new computers are only 500MB"

Not unusual if you only have the Smart Previews!

eg. My experimental 'exported' catalog folder with ~100 images is ~158MB on disk

Rob_Cullen_0-1634948744590.png

"...and built their smart previews..."

You do not have to create the Smart Previews yourself!  The [Export as Catalog...] will achieve that automatically.

And what Folders (or files) do you have selected when you [Export as Catalog...]? Are you expecting the 'total catalog' to export?

If your "other machine" is intended as you master catalog in the future, then you know that you will need the original 'Negative files' as well!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines