• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Export Book to PDF...

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have create a Book in the Book Module. In Book Settings, it is set up as a Blurb Photo Book. There is a "Send Book to Blurb..." bottom right which works. There is a "Export Book to PDF..." bottom left which doesn't work. Usually a window pops up where you can "Save As:" and "Where", but nothing happens. Lightroom Classic V10, Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try a test? Take any collection of a dozen images and open the book module - don't worry about layout etc. just  test the print to pdf, print to jpg. Is it just this book that won't print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me piggy-back on your problem since I'm seeing similar issues with Lightroom Classic and a 52 page book I'm trying to create. In my case, neither "Send Book to Blurb..." nor "Export Book to PDF..." do anything at all - no dialog is shown, no errors are reported, buttons just appear dead. I tried creating a small book with 6 pages and see the same problem there so it's not likely related to size. I have successfully created books from Lightroom before but this is the first one with this particular update (10.1.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more info. I opened a book I had previously exported both as PDF and to Blurb successfully and see the same problem there - I can no longer export it. The latest book was successfully exported to PDF when I last did an update back in December. That was on the same iMac but prior to my upgrading to Big Sur and on an earlier LR release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next attempt - I gave LR full disk access in System Preferences.../Security and Privacy. Still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Creative Cloud app to uninstall LrC 10.1.1, shutdown and restart your system, and reintsall LrC 10.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That feels a bit draconian but it's better than "format your hard disk and reinstall the OS". I'll give it a try and see if anything improves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck - exactly the same problem after uninstall/reboot/reinstall 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A LrC uninstall and reinstall retains the old Preferences file, which may have become corrupted, which can happen during updates. Try resetting the LrC Preferences file as outlined at the below article. Renaming the file allows the old file to be restored if of no help. Make sure to close and reopen LrC to load the new Preferences file.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - still no luck after removing the Preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are not the original poster here can you confirm what OS you are running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies - I only just saw this request! I got an email notification for your later one, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also what LrC version you have installed. 10.1.1 is the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my initial post, 10.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this post. Are you using Smart Previews with the original files offline (disconnected external drive, or no permissions).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-exporting-book-why-or-why-can-i-not-expor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All files are online and accessible to LR, stored in the same Thunderbolt RAID drive that they were last time I managed to create a book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D74)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a silent week, can anyone tell me how to escalate this? I've seldom had to contact Adobe support in the 25 years I've been using their products and I assume this forum isn't an official support channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave - I am still running Catalina and can't replicate the problem. Export to pdf (and jpg) work indepedently and with any of the Blurb book settings. It would be great if someone here on the forum that has Big Sur installed can test it and reply. Also I'm not sure what you've done for trouble shooting... for example what happens if you take a small collection of images (a dozen), and go to the book module, be sure to Clear Book at the top and tap on auto layout (it's just a test). Then first try to select Print to JPG and see if that works, then print to PDF, both of these can be printed from the bottom right hand column - then select one of the Blurb book settings and try to print to pdf in the left column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I've tried is detailed in previous posts to this thread. I've also spoken to friends who have confirmed that this is not a problem which exists for them despite the fact that they are also running Big Sur and LR Classic 10.1.1. At this point, I'm at a loss unless someone can bump this to the next level of support and perhaps let me know if there are any logs I can gather that may offer some insight into what's going on. I'm a software developer by profession so I'm quite happy to help out in any way I can to debug this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the "create a new book with a few images and auto layout" again. I can't see any "Print to JPG" anywhere but I can confirm again that both "Export Book to PDF..." and "Send Book to Blurb..." do absolutely nothing. The buttons depress when clicked (they aren't disabled) but no dialog box appears and no UI feedback occurs at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sympathize with your difficulties. This is only a reply to your comment- I can't see any "Print to JPG"

Change the 'Book' option in the 'Book Settings' panel. Then the button below changes to [Export to JPEG]-

ScreenShot431.jpg

ScreenShot432.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I suggest posting this as a 'Problem' in the Photoshop Family forum which is monitored by Adobe Staff. Place a link to the report in a reply here so others with the same issue can add their comments.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally raised an official Adobe support issue on this and had various technicians controlling my iMac for 6 hours over the last 3 days. No-one could figure out exactly what was going on but eventually it was suggested I upgrade from macOS 11.6 to 12.0.1. After doing this, all my problems (this one and some pretty egregious issues relating to the new masking features in LRC 11) magically disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines