• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Export from Lightroom 11

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I can no longer export from the Book Module or the Export Menu. In the Export menu I get the following message 'No rendered photo exist on the disk" - but it does, I checked.
When exporting from Book module it just hangs.
I recently upgraded to LR 11 and Big Sur 11.6.2, but cannot pinpoint which upgrade caused this problem, if either did.
I have re installed Lightroom.

Anyone have the same problem? Or a solution?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried simple debugging, such as exporting to a different folder, exporting to a different disk, exporting different photos? What happened?

There are certain permissions which need to be set in Big Sur, have you checked those? (I am not a Mac person, so I can't be more specific)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DJ, yours is the way to solve it.

It seems that this problem has occurred before with others. The solution is to change permissions on the Desktop to allow everyone (all users) access to read and write on the desktop......cant say I am happy about this...but it seems to be the only way to get a export out of Lightroom on Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but it seems to be the only way to get a export out of Lightroom on Big Sur.

I doubt that is true, it should be possible to have folders where only you have write access, but since I'm not a Mac person, I can't advise further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked in MACOS  /System Preferences/ Security and Privacy/ ?

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, yes resolved....although not happy with making my Destop accessible to all users to Export from Lightroom - and why the sudden change....I have been using Big Sur for 4 months...then suddenly after the updates......it wont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines