• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export images above 127ppi from Lightroom Classic.

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I am unable to export jpegs (or any other image file) above 127 ppi from Lightroom Classic. Any time I type a number above 127 ppi and a box pops up saying "Invalid Constraint Size". Any idea why this is happening?

I appriciate it makes no difference to an digital image quality but I send images to printers who require a specific ppi (often above 127 ppi!).

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web browser will not display your attachment. Please include screen captures in your message via clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us your export settings? I have had no trouble setting the resolution to a higher setting.

The "Invalid constraint size" is most likely referring to another setting (not resolution):

2022-04-01_09-11-35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a follow up - the "Invalid constraint size" is most likely referring to the width/height setting set to "inches" or "cm" in combination with the resolution, where the two together are driving a pizel size that exceeds the maximum pixel dimensions. The maximum size file you can create is 512 Megapixels (536,870,912 pixels). The is approximately 22370 x 24000 pixels for your file. Do you really want to create a file that big?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. Even if I am not asking it to resize the image at all, if will not let me go above 127ppi. 

Any idea why it's doing this?

Cheers,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resize the image*

*as in I am not asking Lightroom to change the quality or "cm" or "inches" of the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of LrC are you using.  There was an issue with this in an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 09.57.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines