• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get out of print module

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After make a few prints today my LR Classic cc screen says "save print".  I cannot get out of the print module even after closing and restarting LR. Aslo tried stopping all LR in Windows 10 task manager

How do I fix this?

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Hi Ian,

Have you tapped on the grid icon at the bottom left of the workspace area? Have you quit and reopened Lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you restarted your computer? You may need to completely sign out (not quit) of the Creative Cloud, shut down, sign back in and open Lightroom again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done all that.

Screen shot follows

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the screen shot using the icon in the post. We're unable to see it otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of your whole screen. There is a button in the upper right hand corner that says "Create Saved Print". Have you clicked that and gotten another dialog box? There should be a Cancel button in that dialog box.

Other than that all you have to do to move to any other module is click the name of the module you want to go to at the Top Right of the LR screen. Could be that area is hidden and to expose it all you need to do is place the cursor near the top section of the LR window and it will Pop Down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe you have selected to Print to File and in that case you have a dialog window that you need to type in a name for the file and then click OK.

That is why we need to see a screen shot of your whole computer screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my screen shot

https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/data/22699/Cannot_get_out_of_print.jpg

After the save print screen came up and I found that i could not get out of it I saved the print as you can see in the top left of the screen shot.  I can find no way to close this screen.   It remains active even after restarting the computer and Lightroom classic cc

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Have you tapped on the grid icon at the bottom left of the workspace area? Have you quit and reopened Lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,  your suggestion worked.   I never wanted to have to select save print so why would this have popped up?   I therefore have never use the grid button in print mode before.  I still find it strange that there is no close window in print save.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm back to square one!   Went to make a new print and immediately the save print view appeared.   How do I make a regular print without this screen popping up?   Using grid takes me out of the print module.

Another issue is that I do not now see the page settings button at the lower left.  LR build is 1193777

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if you may have got the "Print to:" target in the Print Job panel set as to JPG, not as to Printer?

In this state, every time you print it pops up to ask you where the JPG should be saved (in recent versions Print is dimmed, and you get a Print to File button to make this difference clear).

Also since you are not printing to any particular hardware device, you won't see any "Printer..." button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current version of Lightroom - got it.

When you tried to make a new print did you choose a different image? If not can you try a different image? If I select jpg I am still not able to recreate what you have in your screen shot.

If you can't clear the print module of these wonky settings you may need to reset your Lr preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian - I'm not sure how that happened. I made a test print to see if I could recreate your screen shot and was unsuccessful. I'm on Mojave 10.14.1, MBP, Lightroom v.8.0 2019. Do you have updates pending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you clicked the Library heading at the top right hand side?

You need to take a screen shot using the Snipping Tool, save it as a PNG (Default option for the snipping tool) and then post it in a Reply. To do that you have to actually log in to the Adobe LR Forum website and not from an email reply.

Then click Reply at the bottom right of this post and then the "Insert Image" icon in the reply box tool bar.

Posting images to the Adobe forum.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on the latest version of Lightroom Classic. I hit something by error and the print screen came up. No way to get out of it. This is really bizarre. No cancel option. Please Adobe, add a cancel option. I will try to find out how to get out of it but having to restart my computer seems weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you are in the Print Module? Correct?

Keyboard [G] is the shortcut for Library GRID view.

Keyboard [D] will take you to the Develop Module.

If the Module Menu is not visible at top of screen- try [SHIFT+TAB] to Show/Hide Panels & Menus, etc.

Post a Screen-clip to illustrate your problem

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines