• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get rid of weird filter on all imported files, but can see the V-Log version I want

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so on LrC on Windows whenever I import my RAW, V-Log pictures to edit, I see them in the library as they were shot - flat. That's what I want to work off of. Whenever I open one in develop, Lr just adds a color grading filter to it, then whenever I click off of it, it appears as V-Log on the bottom library gallery again. I don't know how to develop the photos without the filter showing up! Never had this problem in standard Lightroom or Photoshop. Anybody have ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

There is no such thing as a raw V-log picture. Raw is always the raw sensor data that still has to be interpreted by a raw converter. V-log is a in-camera profile that can get used to generate a jpeg preview. What you first see when you open is the embedded jpeg preview (every raw file has an embedded jpeg preview) which has the v-log profile applied to the jpeg by the camera. A little later you will see the actual raw data as interpreted using Lightroom's standard profile. This is just the natu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. SYS INFO

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

2. SCREENSHOT

Please post a  screenshot. Use the insert Photo button, not the attachment option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a raw V-log picture. Raw is always the raw sensor data that still has to be interpreted by a raw converter. V-log is a in-camera profile that can get used to generate a jpeg preview. What you first see when you open is the embedded jpeg preview (every raw file has an embedded jpeg preview) which has the v-log profile applied to the jpeg by the camera. A little later you will see the actual raw data as interpreted using Lightroom's standard profile. This is just the nature of raw conversion. You can change the profile in Lightroom classic's develop module but it usually does not have video specific profiles which is really only useful for video as you always have to work with compressed low bitdepth files. Raw does not have that problem and there is absolutely no point to using log-profiles like you need to do in video. Of course if you are preparing stills for inclusion in video and want to be able to use the same grading tools as for your video material it might make sense but normally there is no point.

That said, it is possible that if you use the preset "Camera Settings" (or change the default for this camera to camera settings) that Classic will automatically approximate the look of the v-log profile instead of use its default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the explanation! I was working off of what I know from Premier, so this makes perfect sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines