• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import JPG when RAW files are in same folder?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone experiencing a problem in which you cannot import any .JPG files when they are in a folder where RAW files are also present?  This only started with the latest update to Lightroom Classic. I'm using Windows 10.  Whether trying to import the .JPG by using the "open with" in the Windows shell, or opening the import dialog within Lightroom, it will ONLY show me the RAW files in the folder, like the JPGs do not exist there.  (This is in the form of Nikon .NEF)  If I move the .JPG I want to import to it's own folder, it does show up in the Lightroom import dialog.  When it's in a folder with .NEF files, Lightroom will ONLY display the .NEF files in the import dialog.  The "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates" checkbox makes no difference.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

One idea-

Check your Preferences / General Tab-

ScreenShot031.jpg

If this option is NOT checked then Lightroom sees the JPG files as 'Hidden' sidecar type files and will only import the Raws.

Tick this option, restart Lr, and try the import again. This should allow you to import the JPGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have some sort of view filter turned on that is limiting what you see?

Is it possible that file extensions aren't being seen so the mirrored file names between JPEG and RAW files are at risk of overwriting so it's not importing?

I'm not having the problem here and I shoot with .NEF files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One idea-

Check your Preferences / General Tab-

ScreenShot031.jpg

If this option is NOT checked then Lightroom sees the JPG files as 'Hidden' sidecar type files and will only import the Raws.

Tick this option, restart Lr, and try the import again. This should allow you to import the JPGs.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing same issue. When I was creating Post for My website Beyoung. And I Cannot import JPG when RAW files are in same folder. Please Help Me and resolve my problem asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you trry to import the JPGs?

What error message do you see?

Did you change the Preferences option at some time?

Your website link is not useful for an answer. (Spam may be deleted)

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue when I am creating social media posts for my Aasaan Website. Please help me to resolve my issue asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines