Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot import photos

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there

i have downloaded 8k photos from icloud, placed them in an external hard drive which i use for storing my photos, 

i have been attempting to import them to lightroom and it always stalls at the 'importing photos' phase, to then the ' no photos were found to import ' phase

im guessing because the destination and the source are the same?  the photos are not in the lightroom catalog needing to be found, i have 8 folders of 1k photos each im attempting to import into batches, and its not able to do so, ive tried selecting the destination as ' copy' ' move '  ;add' and none of them seem to work 

nothing seems to work so here i am, really thankful for your help

John 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screen captures of the whole sequence of steps and messages. Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen captures in your reply. Do not attach files.

Also, please provide the following basic information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if i should be putting copy / copy as dng / move / add

but ive tried each one and none of them are able to complete this process 

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 11.07.42 AM.png

 after i click OK, this is what comes next... 

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 11.08.03 AM.png

 if i dont click the red X, it will eventually pop this up , if i do click the x, this pops up 

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 11.08.13 AM.png

afterwards the program stops responding 

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 11.10.14 AM.png

i can view the photos in the hard drive, but they're not working to get into lighroom very easy! thaanks 

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing an import without the video files — move them to some other folder and then import from the folder with no videos. At one time, lots of videos could cause similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i just gave that a try and had the same results 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines