• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Import

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed LRC 12.0.1 down, backed up the catalog and rebooted. When I try to import a folder, the images all turn greyed out (like they were already imported) and the Import button is greyed out and not clickable. This is a brand new folder of images that has never been imported. These are images I need to edit for orders that I have already taken and I cannot create the client files now as the images WILL NOT IMPORT! WTAF. The only way it works is if I uncheck Don't inport suspected duplicates even though these ARE NOT duplicates???? And, even then...the import takes FOREVER and LRC12 hangs and hangs and the entire screen greys out???? <angry face emoji>

2022-11-09.png

 

Que Pasa?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the source always named New Volume?

Also, old oddity that should not occur any longer, but.... For just one photo, just to test, change import method to Copy, On the destination, make sure the destination that shows up is valid, not some destination that no longer exists. If it is valid, then never mind, if it is not valid, change that and import one photo as to have LrC go thru the import process. LrC will default to the previous destination, if that previous destination is no longer valid, you would naturally get an error message IF YOU WERE USING COPY, or COPY AS DNG. If you were using ADD, LrC would fail but without a error message (this should have not occurred, but it did)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed a new drive but kept all the same directories structures from my older drive. Why would that matter? This was my first attempt to import from the new drive. I made it the same letter as the old drive to keep the catalog the same because I have 10+ years and hundred of thousands of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not as familiar with Windows as Macs, but this sounds like a permissions issue. Are the permissions on the new drive set to read/write for everyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines