Cannot migrate form LR CC 10.3 to LR 4.3 because cannot change local storage drive

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR 10.3.

My photos are on drive D. I want to migrate to LR 4.3

Th emigration says I need 1.4T on my local drive, I presume D. And stops.

So I go to LR  Classic and to Edit > Preferences. I want to use my 5T external HDD, where there is space, (I have already moved  acopy of Photos and the  Catalog to this drive.)

Adobe says  "Choose Edit > Preferences (Win) or Lightroom > Preferences (macOS). In the preferences dialog, choose Local Storage from the menu at the left."

But there is NO no tab to change the Local Drive. (see screen shot)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instruction for changing the local drive storage applies to Lightroom, but you are looking at the preferences from Lightroom Classic. 

Please open Lightroom and look in the preferences, and let us know if that helps. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. See it now.

I did not realise that the Preferences was different between the two.

I think that Adobe needs to be clearer all around about which LR they are talking about with Help and eror messages!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be clear there are currently two distinct applications and they function differently.

1. Lightroom Classic latest version 10.3 you can refer to this application as LrC. This application is the newest evolution of the original Lightroom which began in Feb 2007. Original files are on storage in your computer system as is the Catalog functions.

2. Lightroom is a new application latest version is 4.3 you can refer to this application as Lr. This application was released around 2016. It is the Cloud - Based application original files are stored in the Adobe Creative Cloud. The “catalog” function is also carried out in the Adobe Creative Cloud.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/which-lightroom-version-am-i-using/

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines