• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open existing catalogs after Big Sur/LrC update

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my MacBook Pro to Big Sur bc the LrC updates suddenly made it incompatibale with the older OS. But now that I have the latest updates I find that LrC will not open with any of my existing catalogs. Only if I create a new catalog will it open and run. I have literally 10's of thousands of photos across a multitude of catalogs for this year alone, most of which have gone through my culling and editing workflows, only now I have no access to all that previous work. I worked thhrough many of the discussions here and tried the prescribed fixes, but nothing has worked. So what now? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and when I try to unzip a backup of one these catalogs, I get a message that says the zip file is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that LrC will not open with any of my existing catalogs

Exactly what happens? Describe in detail. If there is an error message, quote the exact complete unedited error message.

Oh, and when I try to unzip a backup of one these catalogs, I get a message that says the zip file is empty.

Not something LrC or your operating system would do; more than likely this symptom, and your other symptoms indicate a hard disk problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was your previous MACOS older than Catalina?

If so, see:

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Files and Folders, make sure Lightroom Classic is included, make sure Lightroom Classic has right to all the volumns shown, tyically user created issue with removable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines