• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see directory structure under folders

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, desktop, Lightroom Classic (up to date). I used to be able to click the down triangle to show all my various picture folders (D:>lp>pictures> many subfolders under pictures). (Unfortunately, each subfolder has it's own catalogue, an error that I want to eventually correct.) Previously, to move a pic from one folder to another, I could drag the pic from the currently displayed folder contents into another folder in the directory structure which I could reveal/expand by clicking on the triangle icon(s). Now, I can't drag a pic into a different folder because I can't get the "pictures" subfolders to show. "Show Subfolders" option is selected. How do I display the directory structure under the Lightroom Folders menu so that I can move images? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please place your screen captures in your reply, by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon. Many people, including me, will not download and open attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder panel is NOT a File Browser! It does not show all (or any) folders in your Hard-drive unless you have Imported photos from the folders.

So if a folder (on your hard-drive) does not 'Show' it is because you have not imported photos from this folder to this catalog.

The big problem that occurs, when you have multiple Catalogs, is that the if you change file/folder structure in one catalog it does not 'carry over' to other catalogs, and you then have 'Missing' files and folders in other catalogs.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LrC can only open one Catagog at a time.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-top-10-gotchas/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/merging-catalogs-1-identifying/

See if the info in the links above help you to sort out the problem.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines