• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot select Pins to edit filters, cannot use radial filter, brush, or spot correct

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stumped.   I can see the pins for radial filter, but I cannot click on it.  This is the same for all of the tools, in fact, I cannot even place a new radial filter, brushh or gradient filter.  Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need toi see screen shots of what you are seeing on your computer and all the specs of your computer and the Lr version you are using.

Have you restarted your computer. A Reboot clears a lot of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

  

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

  

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

  

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

• Which operating system do you use? 
  • Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

  

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot.  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm camping on this problem too since I'm seeing the same thing (LR Classic 11.0 on macOS 11.6 Big Sur). The new masking should be fabulous but it's fundamentally broken for me. I can add masks but not edit them once added. For example, I add a radial gradient by dragging as usual. When I then try to grab a handle to rotate or adjust it, I can't. I get one try to set it up and it must always be horizontalyl or vertically aligned. On top of this, I can't delete masks. The context menu lets me try but the mask is stubornly left displayed. Even worse, after a few mask operations, most of the menus end up greyed out and all hotkeys do nothing but generate a disgruntled beep. I need to close LR and restart it to recover. I so wish this was working!

I've disabled GPU acceleration and restarted LR - same problem.

I've rebooted and tried again - same problem.

I completely removed LR (using the cleanup tool) and reinstalled - same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaveWilsonPhotography wrote:

I'm camping on this problem too since I'm seeing the same thing (LR Classic 11.0 on macOS 11.6 Big Sur

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We finally cured this though the actual cause still eludes everyone. After 6 hours of Adobe technicians controlling my iMac over the last 3 days we eventually decided to try a macOS upgrade to Monterey (12.0.1). This has just completed and my problems have mysteriously disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was working like a dream... and all of a sudden same issue.

As for system etc.  

Device name LAPTOP-S49BGV51
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based process

LR V10 V11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I can create the mask, but not edit it. 

I've uninstalled LRc, deleted all my preferences, and reinstalled. It fixed the problem until I selected another image and then all the options were greyed out again. 

MacOS 11.6.1 (20G224)
Lightroom Classic 11.0 ACR 14.0

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 9.58.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MillieLandis wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I can create the mask, but not edit it. 

I've uninstalled LRc, deleted all my preferences, and reinstalled. It fixed the problem until I selected another image and then all the options were greyed out again. 

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 11.0 [ 202110120910-0bccc70d ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 11
Version: 11.6.1 [20G224]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 4.2GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2,581.8 MB (15.7%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 13,416.7 MB
Memory cache size: 40.3MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.0 [ 950 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 798MB / 8191MB (9%)
Camera Raw real memory: 801MB / 16384MB (4%)
Displays: 1) 5120x2880, 2) 1080x1920

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon RX 580

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Volumes/Lightroom Storage/LR2021/2021/2021-v11.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Facebook
4) Flickr
5) Nikon Tether Plugin
6) SmugMug

----------------------------------------

This was also difficult to get. As getting to the info via your instructions required rebooting, opening LRc, and going directly to that page. If I touched any of the image editing it would return to being greyed out. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 7.41.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it's even worse. All of my right click menus are greyed out and broken. As well as many of the features in the menu pull downs. I can edit a photo using the sliders on the right and my existing presets. but that's about it. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 11.15.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shoot Me Now Photography wrote:

I am stumped.   I can see the pins for radial filter, but I cannot click on it.  This is the same for all of the tools, in fact, I cannot even place a new radial filter, brushh or gradient filter.  Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks live each member will need to communicate directly with Adobe, give them a chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines