Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update from Lightroom Classic 10.3 to 11

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i cannot update my lightroom classic from 10.3 to 11.

My Adobe creative cloud desktop doesn't show me the update and every time i run LrC i've got the "necessary update" message.

Anyone can help me?

I run Win10 on a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz with 8GB Ram.

I just update successfully Bridge and PhotoShop v23.

Thanks to all

Mariella

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the Windows system requirements for LrC 11.

""

What’s New in Lightroom Classic 11.0 (October 2021)?

Lightroom Classic 11.0 has been released today. As Lightroom is subscription software, this isn’t a 11.0 in the conventional sense. Adobe tend to update the main version number annually around the time of Adobe Max and this year is no exception. Of course, new features have been released every few months, rather than having to wait for a single x.0 release. In the last year, we’ve had:

• 10.1 (December 2020) – macOS Big Sur compatibility.
  • 10.2 (March 2021) – Performance improvements, Beta Nikon tethering support.
  • 10.3 (June 2021) – Native Apple M1 chip support, Super Resolution, Preset changes.
  • 10.4 (August 2021) – Duplicate Collection Sets, Nikon Tethered Live View support.
  • many mobile and Lightroom Cloud-based improvements, as well as smaller features.

The entire Lightroom cloud-based ecosystem has also been updated today too.

New bugs…

• There are some reports of crashes when using Select Sky or Select Subject. In most cases, updating the graphics card driver from the manufacturer’s website solves this issue.
  • There’s a couple of reports of catalogs failing to upgrade which is being investigated, but it’s fairly rare.

System Requirements

The minimum system requirements for Lightroom Classic 11.0 have been updated:

• Windows 10 v1909 or later, or Windows 11.
  • macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or later.""
  •  
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe creative cloud desktop doesn't show me the update and every time i run LrC i've got the "necessary update" message.

What is the "necessary update" message? What does it say, word-for-word, unedited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now i've just discard the message but it displays that my LrC version is up-to-date and i've necessary update to the latest. I'm using the 10.3 version correctly.

In my adobe creative cloud desktop LrC is updated to 10.3 version and there's no other update available (such as 11).

I've update successfully PS v23, camera raw 14, bridge v12.

LR 4.3 and LrC 10.3

Thanks

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mariella5ED9

what is the exact version and release number of your Windows? In Windows, go to Settings->System->About. Here is what mine says under Windows specifications, I have Windows 10 Home version 21H1. What does yours say there?

2021-11-03 17_05_48-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i've the same values (version, buld and experience) except the "installed on" value naturaly 🙂

I remember that the "necessary upgrade" talks about the syncronization.

Do you have upgraded your LrC without problem via Creative Cloud Desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might not be the place to comment but I am having serious problems with the Lightroom Classic 11 update from version 10 inWindowsn 10.    Thousands of pictures wer not passed onto the catalog 10-11.  I off course can import them, however I loose all of the metadata.  I would like to go back to Lightroom 10 until Lightroom 11 is stable but it does not seem possible.

Thanks for any comments

Chris

By @defaultf9htug7m3kun

Hello Chris @defaultf9htug7m3kun start a new thread, explain your problem in the new thread, in detail. DO NOT post your problem in someone else's thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact name of your Windows 10 OS?

Some have a scaled down version that is not compatable.

(Enterprise and IoT Enterprise LTSB/LTSC editions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've Win10 Home 21H1

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Mariella, its possille to have Win 10 Home 21H1 but you need to update the Build to at least 1909.

Have a look at my earlier post.

My wife's PC is at build 1903 and she cannot upgrade to LrC 11.

See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 4.30.06 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they refers to the OS version, there was a 1903, 1909, and at least 21H1.

The build is 19043.1320 but it was the same on every PC which runs 21H1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines