• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Verify Subscription

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!! Can someone please explain why my copy of Lightroom (in Windows 7) keeps messaging me with the "Cannot Verify Subscription" message and I cannot access Adobe Creative Cloud because "Cannot contact Adobe servers". Photoshop is working fine. My subscription is completely up to date, EVERYTHING else on my computer/network is working as expected, nothing has been changed recently and the program was working 100% fine since installation a long, long time ago up to and during the whole of Friday. On Friday evening, this just started. Have not been able to do anything since. Accessing my Adobe account (trying to contact Adobe) appears to reveal that my Photography "plan" has disappeared and the only products registered to me are old versions of pre-CC Lightroom (v.5) and Photoshop 6 (v.13). Very disappointingly, I am completely unable to contact Adobe via any online means and the "Contact Us" button within my account appears to grey out when clicked on.

Am I making a reasonable assumption that something has happened at Adobe to take down one (or more) of their servers? I can see nothing at my end that would make it impossible to contact them.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

OK, everyone. I managed to get through to Adobe. First thing..... I'm actually in the UK and I've been with them so long that there was a bit of confusion over the fact that I was unaware that I have two accounts with them. My standalone stuff is on a different account to the "Photography Plan" I have with them for the latest versions of L/room and Photoshop. That's now cleared up.

However, the root of the problem seems to be that until recently it has been possible to operate the whole "Photogr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accessing my Adobe account (trying to contact Adobe) appears to reveal that my Photography "plan" has disappeared and the only products registered to me are old versions of pre-CC Lightroom (v.5) and Photoshop 6 (v.13).

I think this definitely has to be resolved with Adobe. In this forum, we are not Adobe, and we cannot fix problems with your account.

Very disappointingly, I am completely unable to contact Adobe via any online means and the "Contact Us" button within my account appears to grey out when clicked on.

I am not aware of such a thing happening.

Am I making a reasonable assumption that something has happened at Adobe to take down one (or more) of their servers? I can see nothing at my end that would make it impossible to contact them.

Not sure I follow your logic, or that this a reasonable assumption. So far, no one else in this forum has had a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah ... I'm still on Win 7.  Need to upgrade to Win 10.  I held out as long as I could.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is seemingly fairly simple... You need to upgrade to Windows 10 (the latest LrC only works with Win10) and if your graphics card is fairly archaic, you'll need to upgrade that, too. Mine was only a 1Gb graphics card, but I upgraded it to a 4Gb nVidia Geforce 1050ti, now everything works a treat! As ever, letting go of lumps of cash always seems to make computer equipment work. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree!

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup ... letting go of cash (ours) is the name of the game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your equipment is getting obsolete also.

Win 7 was released in 2009, when did you purchase your last car?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is that Kaspersky Antivirus app busy doing?

It might be preventing Internet access over some protocols., ports, etc.

As you cannot access the Adobe Servers, you cannot authenticate your license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html

likely #4

and that leads to, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html

and that leads to "Tempoarily disable antivirus software" . Which leads back to my previous inquiry as to what Kaspersky Antivirus app busy doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has started happening to me since Saturday night, exactly the same way.

Windows 7, LR Classic.

Can sign into Adobe website, but any access to LR, Creative Cloud desktop, is gettting your same error messages.

Adjusted clock........No solution.

Deleted Credentials in Credential Manager.......No solution.

Ready to give up on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accessing my Adobe account (trying to contact Adobe) appears to reveal that my Photography "plan" has disappeared and the only products registered to me are old versions of pre-CC Lightroom (v.5) and Photoshop 6 (v.13). 

When at Adobe, verify e-mail account listed is correct. Perhaps wrong account, wrong e-mail used for an account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiry, location? Are you outside the United States? Could European Adobe Server Centers be having issues?  Accessing via here in California, no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, everyone. I managed to get through to Adobe. First thing..... I'm actually in the UK and I've been with them so long that there was a bit of confusion over the fact that I was unaware that I have two accounts with them. My standalone stuff is on a different account to the "Photography Plan" I have with them for the latest versions of L/room and Photoshop. That's now cleared up.

However, the root of the problem seems to be that until recently it has been possible to operate the whole "Photography Plan" whilst still using Windows 7 (there are legacy versions of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop for those who didn't want to upgrade to Windows 10.... like me). The issue is that the Creative Cloud desktop app has recently been updated (and it updates on my PC automatically) and it now ONLY works in Windows 10. It will not run in Windows 7 - despite there being no clear warning of this (that I saw anyaway). There are circumstances when Lightroom will use the Creative Cloud deskktop app to contact Adobe to verify a subscription, which it now cannot do in Windows 7. This results in the error messages experienced.

The answer therefore appears to be to bite the bullet and buy/upgrade to Windows 10, which I shall do tomorrow. Having sat and thought about it (knowing what I know now), this seems to make sense and hopefully it will cure my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh, that leads me  to a google search involving WIN 7 and ACCDA, and this shows up:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/end-of-support-creative-cloud-on-windows-7.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines