canon 5dmark 1v and lightroom issue

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a canon 5d mark1v and I updated lightroom classic to the latest version.  Why can't I import my raw files from this camera?  I was using a canon 5d for 5 years with no problems and now this camera is not working with it.  Please help.  Thank you in advance.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that the raw files were taken as dual pixel raw files? I don't shoot Canon. But according to the support page, if the raw files are dual pixel they have to be processed with the Canon software and saved as TIF files. Then those TIF files can be imported into Lightroom. I don't know if that is the situation in your case, just mentioning it as one possibility.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5D, no issues importing, need more details about the error or issue. This is a 5D Mark one?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Also, please clarify, the new cameta is a Canon EOS-5D- Mk IV?

And, are you shooting Dual Pixal RAW or normal RAW.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines