• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 90D DNG Manual Profile Calibration - LR6

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the stand alone version of Lightroom 6 with my Canon 90D. I am converting all my CR3 raw files to DNG. 

With CR2 files I have the option of choosing the built in Canon Camera correction profiles like Camera standard, camera faithful etc. But after converting CR3 to DNG files I only have the Adobe standard calibration option.

Has anyone found out how to manually tweak the settings in Lightroom Camera Calibration to get a look at least similar to the Canon profiles. It would save me a lot of trial and error.

Kind regards

Chris

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

The Canon 90D camera uses the exact same sensor as the EOS M6 MKII, which does have Camera Matching profiles. Follow the procedure at the below link to edit these profiles and create copies that will work with the 90D. If you have any questions please let me know, but they should work fine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/using-camera-profiles-from-a-different-model/m-p/10382404#M141744

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

In the meantime, I found a website that offers free .dcp Canon profiles for use in lightroom.

https://www.jimmynordstrom.se/showpost?id=83

According to his instructions, I have copied them to

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

After restarting Lightroom I can't see them anywhere. 

What is the correct procedure for installing profiles in Lightroom 6?

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

The location for .dcp camera profiles should be:
Mac: /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles
Win: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 11 (finally) provides camera-matching profiles for many of the newer Canon cameras producing .cr3s, but not for the Canon EOS 90D.  So upgrading wouldn't solver your problem.

Colorfidelity provides third-party profiles similar to the built-in camera-matching profiles for many cameras, including the Canon 90D. Many people have reported here their satisfaction with the profiles over the last couple years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thank you for your reply and the link. I will check our Colourfidelity. Do you know if these profiles can be used with DNG files in LR6?

While just doing some searching on the net,  I found a suggestion by Eliezer Dinor  to get the Canon "look" by using the default Adobe profile  with Calibration: Red Hue -24, Red Saturation +24. I will do some tests with that.

I was hoping that others may have done some tests and have recommended settings using the Camera Calibration module. 

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you know if these profiles can be used with DNG files in LR6?"

I would be only mildly surprised if they didn't work. You could email Colorfidelity to confirm, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chrisn N wrote:

Has anyone found out how to manually tweak the settings in Lightroom Camera Calibration to get a look at least similar to the Canon profiles. It would save me a lot of trial and error.

Using the Adobe DNG profile editor, with good reference images (JPEG and of course raw), I've produced pretty close matching. This isn't the most intuitive  product Adobe has produced but it can work if you really must render a raw to resemble a proprietary camera JPEG. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your replies. I contacted "Colorfidelity" and their profiles will not work with LR6. They only work with LR 7.3 or higher.

I will look into Adobe's DNG profile editor. 

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"They only work with LR 7.3 or higher."

Oh, right, I forgot they use the .xmp creative profiles introduced in LR 7.3. Thanks for the update on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon 90D camera uses the exact same sensor as the EOS M6 MKII, which does have Camera Matching profiles. Follow the procedure at the below link to edit these profiles and create copies that will work with the 90D. If you have any questions please let me know, but they should work fine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/using-camera-profiles-from-a-different-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Todd. Will the procedure you describe work with Lightroom 6? If so then I will look into it.

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, I found a website that offers free .dcp Canon profiles for use in lightroom.

https://www.jimmynordstrom.se/showpost?id=83

According to his instructions, I have copied them to

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

After restarting Lightroom I can't see them anywhere. 

What is the correct procedure for installing profiles in Lightroom 6?

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location for .dcp camera profiles should be:
Mac: /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles
Win: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I did finally get them to work! Screenshot attached. I have not fully tested them but they seem very promising. I thank Jimmy Nordstrom for making them available.

Kind regards

Chris 

Canon Profiles.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That was the correct location to make the profiles work.

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the procedure produces camera profiles that are compatible with all Lightroom versions. I just checked LrC 11 again and there are only camera matching profiles for the EOS M6 and not the EOS M6 MKII. I applogize for the oversight! Because of this the only way to create them is by using the DNG Profile Editor as @TheDigitalDog mentions. It's possible Adobe will provide camera matching profiles at a future date for the 90D, or more likely the EOS M6 MKII. The profiles you have from Jimmy Norstrom are your best option for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines