• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon R6 Profile

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I am very, very frustrated. I just got myself Canon EOS R6. While I worked via Lightroom and I don't see the color profiles for this camera. I saw somewhere mentioned I need to download, and I didn't find. I have been searching for more than an hour. What a waste of a lot of my time. Where can I find? Please? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your software, version and OS and version? The Canon R6 should be supported by now with current software.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opps! Sorry ... Lightroom Classic (stand alone), version 6.14, and Window 10, version 21H1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera matching profiles do not exist in Lr 6.14. They were added years later in Lightroom Classic (subscription )

The Canon R6 is not supported in Lr6.14, of you are talking about RAW files. You would need at least Lightroom Classic v9.4, and any camera matching profiles (they are camera specific) would not exist in LrC for that camera until this release.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

So, I assume you are talking JPEG files. Camera Matching profiles are for RAW.

Third party plug-ins for profiles might exist on the web, but they would be for RAW, and may or may not work on ancient Lr6.14.

If you are converting from RAW to DNG before importing into Lr6.14, hmmm, perhaps third party presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, come on!!!! Really?!? I don't support the subscription because they just wanted us to keep spending our money. Ridiculous!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, I did have a error in my reply, so I have struck thru that first part.

But as for Adobe supporting Lr6.14, not going to happen. 

Incidentaly, had Adobe not gone subscription, had Lr7 and later been perpetual, then Adobe would have still not supported v6, you would have to pay for the v7 upgrade, eventualy 8, then 9, etc, and at that point your R6 would be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why Adobe not listening to us who aren't happy with Adobe's decision. I am one of them that I am not very happy. This is not right!! What part they don't understand? Yeah, greedy!!

Buy-to-Own Vs Sub.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be you are the one who is greedy? You want new features in new software that you never paid for. Everyone who now has those new features has had to pay for those features, but you want them for free. That is not right!! What part don't you understand? 

Face it, the subscription has pissed off a few people, but has been a huge money maker for Adobe and so the pissed off people are quite a small minority. Adobe isn't going to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me, greedy? Ha! Big corporations like Adobe are the problem. You know that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines