• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant find photos in pictures

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi apologise up front if asked before. I just purchased mac book Pro and downloaded lightroom clasic all good so far. Followed tutorials by Adobe on how to import images all good. However the images dont show up in my pictures yet that's where it says they are going. I'm presuming I haven't checked some thing some where. Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify what you mean when you say that the "images don't show up in my pictures yet"? Are you saying you can't see them in Lightroom Classic, or are you saying you can't see them where you expected to see them when looking outside LrC with Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi no they get imported OK from memory card card and I put in details of where I want them saved in my photos on mac book. However when I go to the photos app they are not showing in there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see them OK in Lightroom Classic, select an image in LrC then right-click on it and choose "Show in Finder" to reveal where they are on your hard drive. I don't know very much about the Photos app, as I've never used it since I switched to a Mac 8 years ago, so I don't know why you can't see them in that app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks I tried that and it shows they are in the app but not if you go in the app. I have heard a few people having the same fault.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Lightroom Desktop (not Classic), you should have a package file Lightroom Library.lrlibrary in your pictures folder. It contains the Catalog and images (if you've chosen to store locally). 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I'm using classic and no sign of them. I have noticed a few people on sites asking the same question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never thought to use Apple Photos for that. Have little idea why you would want to. However

Photo wants to use a library, it does not just look at files in a folder, oh the library is in that folder, but..

Photo wants to be a data manager, not a simple browser, you will probably have to import the photos into that library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines