• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant move folder back to volume level from subfolder on same volume

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After finding the folder with most of my pictures on a thunderbolt external volume was moved from directly on that volume to a lower level directory by some magic, I cannot copy the directory back to the volume level. When I try and drag it to the volume, it won't transfer. I can transfer it in finder but not in lightroom classic. The drive is 500Gb and has 32Gb left. The directory I am moving has 433Gb. It is on the same volume. Whatever force or command moved it from volume to lower directory was able to do it with these space limitations.  So I thinking it's not space limitations that are keeping me from moving it back. Any help would be very appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer might be to simply update the folder location in the Folder panel of Lightroom-Classic. ie. Leave the photo files exactly where they are.

See Step#2 in "Option Two" of this link- (Consider your files already 'moved'.)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/move-photos-another-hard-drive-leaving-catalog/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Folders panel, right-click one of the top folders in the volume and do Show Parent Folder. Repeat this until you see the folder "/" at the top level.  Now you can drag-and-drop a folder onto "/".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines