Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

catalog damaged

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open the lightroom as usual, and it tells me the next message:

The catalog is the damaged, if you want to repair it get out of all application and push de repair botom, but it doesn't do anything...

I have the backup from 1 week ago, but I did a lot of changes and don't want to lose that work.

Any idea how can I fixed the catalog?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much you can do after catolog fails. You can try opening on different machines, but my experience i once catolog fails it cannot be fixed, Very Sorry. I have my backup set to backup evertime i close program. After this experience i hope you consider doing this to. You never know when the catalog will fail. Sorry for the problem. PLEASE backup!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Randy said AND backup your backups and images.

I have everything on an external drive and every time I quit I backup the Catalog. In addition, I have a 2nd drive where I back everything up once a week or after some heavy work. This worked out well when drive #1 died about half a year ago but since it was all backed up I didn't lose anything. 

Oh yeah, I also subscribe to a cloud service to back up my computer and this primary drive just in case the house burns down.

Just sayin.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From my experience, Lightroom catalogs are super difficult to fix... In most cases, the answer is no, I'm very sorry.

Next time, you should back up your catalogs regularly as suggested by Lightroom every time you exit the app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines