• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog Decided to Sync ALL images to Cloud -- Can't reset and won't sync what I actually want.

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hoping you all can help me with a very irritating issue with my catalog sync settings. I currently have ONE collection marked to sync with 1500 images in it, that's all. But, everytime I run the sync it is sync-ing every single photo in my catalog (over 70,000) and maxes out my RAM making my computer unusable. It obviously stops when I turn off sync entirely, but I would really like to be able to access the few things I have assigned to sync when I need them. Currently it's just totally unusable. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are using Lightroom (with the Lr icon) and not Lightroom Classic (with the LrC icon). So please clarify ... what is the exact name of the software are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic. But use Lr on my iPad and phone where I'd like to be able to see the intentionally synced images rather than the whole catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic, on its own, does not sync all your collections (and all your photos) to the cloud. Why do you think LrC is doing this?

Show us (a portion of) the Collection Panel in LrC so we can see that it has synced all collections. Show us a screen capture of something that indicates all of your photos are synched with the cloud. (Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include screen captures in your reply; do not attach files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic, on its own, does not sync all your collections (and all your photos) to the cloud. Why do you think LrC is doing this?

By @dj_paige

That's what I'd love to know!! I know that is not how it is supposed to work, so I don't know what setting is triggering it to do so. 

Here are photos to hopefully help diagnose the issue, explanation of the images are in the image caption: 

IMG_0017.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 2.45.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 2.51.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines