• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog Error

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I recently restarted my Mac because of other issues while I had Lightroom open so I closed it as I normally would, but something must've glitched. I have the newest version of Lightroom, yet everytime I try to open it I keep getting the same error message. It basically says that I can't open the catalog because another application is running it. I looked it up and thought I was saved when they said the solution was to delete the lcatr.lock file of the catalog version and then relaunch Lightroom and it would be fixed. Yet after multiple attempts at this, the lock file keeps coming back and I keep receiving the same error message. I don't really know what else to do at this point as I've never had this issue so any help is appreciated. Let me know if you need any more information as well that I can provide.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom. Would you mind telling us the version of Lightroom and the operating system you're using?

Please check this article and try the offered steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yeah I have Lightroom Classic v 11.0.1 and a MacOS (Catalina) that's currently on v 10.15.7. I found that article and did the steps multiple times, but for some reason the locked file keeps coming back in the folder and I keep getting the same error about the catalog already being used. Also I'll just add that in my Lightroom folder I have Lightroom Catalog.lrcat and Lighroom Catalog-v11.lrcat, but I'm trying to open Lightroom with v11 because I have it checked to automatically open on launch. But I followed the steps and deleted the lrcat.lock file and then try launching Lightroom again but keep getting the same error. I'm not exactly sure what else I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

Please try the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Finder

2. Go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe

3. Delete the SLCache and SLStore folders (and delete SLStore_v1 if that's there too).

4. Right-click on the Adobe folder that you were just in, and click Get Info.

5. Click the lock and enter the admin name+password.

6. Add your active user account by clicking the + button and clicking Select.

7. Give Read & Write permissions to everyone listed at the bottom of the window.

8. IMPORTANT: Click the gear button at the bottom of the window and click Apply to Enclosed Items.

9. Click the lock to lock the folder once more.

10. Launch the application and check if that helps

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

I really appreciate the help so far. Unfortunately I just tried that yet I keep getting the same error again because the lrcat.lock file seems to keep coming back into my Lightroom folder and isn't allowing me to launch Lightroom still. Would uninstalling and reinstalling do anything possibly? If not, then I don't know what else to do at this point, but I would really like it if I could use Lightroom again as it is my most used program.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. We appreciate your patience. 

Please try resetting the preferences by:https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Backup your preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You msy have slready done the following in the way I will describe, but what the heck, maybe not.

But first off, understand, when LrC is behaving, it will create that lock file when the catalog is opened, and will delete it when closed. So while you are using LrC, that lock file will exist.

Now, a different approach.

Using Finder, bring up the folder your catalog is in.

Now as before, delete the lock file.

Stop, do not start LrC in the normal way. Do not just use the shortcut. I assume that is what you were doing.

Instead, double click on the catalog.

Any difference?

If not, take a screenshot of that folder and post it in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines