• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog gone

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog has suddenly completely vanished.  Last I used Lightroom Classic was about a week ago.

I use a MacBook Pro with Big Sur 11.6.2

Lightroom Classic version 11.2

I tried going into my back up folders and clicking old back ups.  NONE work.  No folders show, the only thing that shows are very very old collections

I've attached some screenshots.  I unfortunately didn't get a screenshot of the first error notice which just said the catalog could not be found.  Nothing has changed about the locations I keep the back ups and catalog on my hard drive.  I tried to even open the last back up zip and catalog from the folder and it still shows nothing.

I was hosting about 25,000 files so this is beyond stressful trying to figure out why this suddenly happened so I would appreciate any help!  I've never had anything like this happen, and read some old posts but nothing I'm seeing there is helping.  I know there was just an update, has anyone else had this happen?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "keep the back ups and catalog on my hard drive", but the screenshots show an external LaCie drive. The default location of the catalog is your Pictures folder on your internal drive however. Did you look for catalogs in that location? I'm also not sure what these screenshots are supposed to show (or not show) us.

You also say "I tried going into my back up folders and clicking old back ups.  NONE work.  No folders show, the only thing that shows are very very old collections". The two screenshots of Lightroom show the develop module. You cannot see folders in the left panel of the develop module, only collections. To see what folders Lightroom shows, you need to select the Library module.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I meant my external.  My catalog has always backed up to that external harddrive.  It's always just automatically opened up to the correct catalog anytime my external is plugged in.  When the app updated it said it could not find the previous catalog and to select a different one.  I tried ejecting the external and reopening once it was plugged back in, restarting my computer itself, it just kept saying it couldn't find the previous catalog.

I apologize I attached the wrong screenshots in the develop instead of library.  I somewhat solved it, and it's not the best solution, but now they're showing up just as missing folders.  So I need to "find missing folder" but at least thousands of edits aren't lost.  It's showing two "Lacie" hard drives for some reason and when it "finds" the folder switching from one to the other.  Sorry I don't know how to better explain it, and I've never had a problem like this in the 5 years I've been using lightroom.  I guess it's resolved though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a search, using your operating system's search feature, for all files on all disks whose name ends with .LRCAT?

I don't understand this part:

I tried to even open the last back up zip and catalog from the folder and it still shows nothing.

What were your exact steps? What do you mean "it still shows nothing"? What still shows nothing??? (By the way, my web browser will not show your attachments, you should use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen captures in your reply, and then I can see them)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines