• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog issue - it says file not found in 'Develop' only, but the file is located

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My raw files are stored on an external harddrive and I'm having an issue with accessing / editing them within Lightroom. I can view them clearly in Library view, but when access via Develop it says 'the file could not be found'. However, this appears to be an error, as when I select 'Show in Finder' it takes me to the file. And this doesn't appear to be the usual 'file could not be found' alert (which i'm used to getting if i've moved the file and want to reroute), as there is no option to relocate the file (plus it appears i can fully access it via the Library view). 

Can anyone help? It feels like something has corrupted and i'm not sure what to do.

Thanks v much

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there exclamation point icons on the photos, when seen in the Library Module? Example shown here in Figure 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it simply says 'The file could not be found.'

Previously after moving files around, i'd always click on that exclamation point to reroute it, but there is no option to do that here. And oddly, it looks like the photo is only missing when i move into the Develop tab (it's available to view in great detail in the Library tab).

Thanks v much for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the external drive connected to your computer? I suspect you may have an intermittent connection between the drive and the computer. or, intermittent power to the drive.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about your Folders Panel, any ? marks next to a folder or more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines