• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog Merge

Enthusiast ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edited my travel images on my laptop and once completed, exported as a catalog, to an external drive. Plugged the drive into my desktop to merge catalogs. process shows the images, edited and RAW but all images are "greyed" out and will not import.An I missing something here? Lightroom Classic 11.5 and Windows 10

HeirloomBob_0-1664206619683.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Export with Catalog, did you use the option to export the 'negatives'?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought. I will export again.

Yes...I had selected Export Negative Files and Included available previews. Export in progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me, YMMV: I clone (backup) my entire hard drive of photos, the catalog (one), presets etc to multiple drives. I take a clone on the road and work on that, adding images, editing, whatever. Then when I return, I clone that drive to the other(s), and only the new images, edits, etc are cloned back. It is fast, and it allows me to have access to all the other images on the road. Might be worth trying. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the process as I spelled it out, is also supposed to do the job and it's what I have done in the past successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should do the job; its just a lot more work, more documents to futz with without the benefit of another backup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edited my travel images on my laptop and once completed, exported as a catalog, to an external drive. Plugged the drive into my desktop to merge catalogs. process shows the images, edited and RAW but all images are "greyed" out and will not import.An I missing something here? Lightroom Classic 11.5 and Windows 10

HeirloomBob_0-1664206619683.png

By @Heirloom Bob

You haven't selected anything.  Check 'All Folders' in the top left corner...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No option to Check "All Folders"

HeirloomBob_0-1664213350264.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those sure look like normal checkboxes to me... Have you tried the three folders individually?

BTW: Not exporting the negatives should not be the problem. In that case you can still import the new images, you just can't move them to another location because they are still linked to the original image location, which is 'missing'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines