• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog missing

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today when i was opening LrC i got a message that my catalog was opened in another machine, wich it was not. There was an option of opening a old backup, or the file in the folder where the current catalog should be. So I went ahaed and opened the suposed current file, and there was nothing a completly empty lightroom. As my most recent backup is four monts old, i would like to know if there is some way to restore the correct catalog.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it did not work 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do that "did not work"?

The error message- "catalog was opened in another machine" really means- " the catalog was NOT closed down properly when last used" and a {.LOCK] file was left next to the Catalog {.LRCAT} file.

If you followed the instructions in the link given by @GoldingD then you should have fixed the problem.

Now tell us what you see. Did you delete a .LOCK file from the 'wrong' catalog folder?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it did not work, you may have deleted the wrong .lock file. You must find the .lock file in the same folder as your catalog, and then delete that .lock file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@oswaldo21911233bdtd wrote:

Thanks, but it did not work 😕

Because you let Lightroom create a new catalog when it could not open the correct one, it will now still open that new catalog after you deleted the .lock file. You have to go to the 'File - Recent Catalogs' menu and open the correct one.

By the way: you did not get a message that the catalog was opened on another machine, but that is was opened by another app. In this case that doesn't matter because we know what you meant, but this kind of misinformation could lead to a long thread of useless answers, so try to be accurate when describing a problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines