• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

catalog shows folders and file counts, but no images

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer (iMac) and had just transferred over all of my data via time machine restore (the old computer had a bad logic board and had to be in the shop and it was time for an upgrade anyway).  I'm up and running, but when I open Lightroom Classic, I can see my entire library structure, and I see the images in the collectino that it opens into (88 files in that collection), but I can't see any photos in any folder or other collection.  If I click on them, all I have is a gray background, no blocks indicating other photos, no anything.  And where it lists the number of photos on the bottom left, it still says "88 photos/1 selected" no matter what folder or collection I click on.  The folder/collection name updates, but there is simply nothing there.  The catalog has a count next to each folder in the folder structure, but no images at all.  I have a backup from a few weeks ago and if I open that I'm good to go, but since then I had done some organizing in some collections for a project I'm working on and I hope not to have to do that again.  Anyone have any ideas what's wrong with my catalog?

Thanks,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your current catalog shows this problem and an older backup catalog does not, then it is likely that your current catalog is corrupted.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was thinking.  Any ideas on how to repair it, if that's even possible?  I'm just hoping not to have to redo a bunch of work.  At least I've got a semi-recent backup though.

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you make a catalog backup, Lightroom verifies the catalog before it does so. If Lightroom does not come up with a warning and offer to repair it on the next start, then I don't know how you could repair it yourself.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah.  I'm guessing I'm just out of luck on this one.  Luckily my backup is pretty recent.

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines