• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in Lightroom Classic purgatory since October 25 when all of a sudden an upgrade was required and my 2011 iMac didn't meet system requirements. The time for a new computer had come. After weeks of migration issues to the new iMac (Catalina OS), installing the latest version of LR Classic, and three visits by a computer guy to get all the files in the right place, finally it looked like all was well. When I restarted the computer I got the message that "catalog upgrade" was necessary. This process has been going on for at least five days, very very slowly. Thousands of photos have the ! box meaning the photos are missing. I have paused and resumed the sync several times, quit and reopened LR, and sometimes the numbers go up a bit on All Synced Photos but now it's just stuck doing nothing. Also, the number of All Photographs is about 10,000 short. What should I do to at last be able to use Lightroom again?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that LrC is trying to upgrade the correct catalog. With LrC not running, use Finder to navigate to the correct catalog, double click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. There was only one option of a catalog to upgrade. Are you saying I should try starting over again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, instead of opening LrC by clicking/double clicking on the shortcut to start, and accepting whatever option you left it in as to what catalog to open (default probably most previous) use your MACOS Finder to navigate to the catalog(s), looking for the one you think LrC should have opened. Double click on that catalog in Finder as to start LrC using that specific catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines