Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Catalog won't open anymore and seems damaged

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest version of Lightroom and use Mac Big Sur 11.5.2.

A catalog from May 2021 suddenly won't open anymore. It is saved on my external Harddrive. Also the backups won't open it says the catalog it damaged. Can anyone help? I checked the Adobe page but did not find any ircat.lock data to delete.

Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error are you getting trying to open the May 2021 catalog? What version of LrC was it last managed by?

Have a look at this because if you open an earlier version of a catalog it should prompt you to upgrade it https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/create-catalogs.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the exact unedited word-for-word error message?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines