Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Catalogue Backup is Very Slow

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backing up my catalogue on exit was very slow. It seemed to stop midway. I cancelled it, but it still didn't finish. I had to canel in the Task Manager. I have Test Integrity before backing up  and Optimize catalog after backing up enabled.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more information would be useful:

• Exact version of LrC you are using.
  • Exact version of the OS you are running on.
  • Drive/Directory spec you are saving to.
  • Screen shot of the backup pop-up screen when you feel it stops or is slow.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC: 11.0

Drive/Folder: The backup catalogue is stored on a set of three ST8000DM004 Seagate Barracuda 8TB 7.2K RPM SATA-6GBPS 256MB drives configured as a two-way mirror storage device. My Catalogue is on the same drive.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but without a screen shot of what LrC is doing when it's slow, I can't comment.

I likely couldn't help anyway since I'm not familiar with working on disk configurations like you have.

Sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may not be the 'soluiton' you wanted to hear but I'll go ahead and suggest: Don't use LR's rather weak backup process. For you it is slow but worse, it only backs up your catalog. You really, really want some backup utility that backs up the catalog, all your images, presets, profiles and everything else on your computer you can't afford to ever lose. 

Get a decent backup utility, turn OFF LR's prefs to backup. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines