• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CATALOGUE WON'T OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

𝗜𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗡 𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗕𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗖 𝗩𝟭𝟭 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗧 / 𝗧𝗨𝗧𝗢𝗥 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘?
I have an SSD plugged into the I: drive on my desktop and in the view window on Lightroom it shows that there are 2845 images in the library for this catalogue.
But everyone of them has that pesky ! in the top right corner and when you click on it, yes, you know what I'm getting ... file can't be found. And even when I follow the file path, I can't locate.
But it's attached ??
So why can't the computer read the files ?
Interestingly, all the other catalogues that I have imported or worked on now have (file name)-v11 beside the name but this one doesn't because I think I created it in version 11 - but how can I check that?
I also have tried to import the images but it won't let me import the catalogue.
Have I turned off permissions accidentally somehow, somewhere on my desktop?
I've also tried to open it on my laptop from the SSD but it won't open without the ! in the top right hand corner.
All other catalogues on the SSD will open.
Interestingly, other catalogues that have been updated to version 11 have -v11 at the end of the file name but for some reason, this catalogue doesn't have that file extension?
Cheers. full screen can't open catalogue.pngCAN'T OPEN CATALOGUE.png
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the LrC Folders panel, at the top, the parent folder, why does that folder have a hyphenated name?

MOUNT ISA RODEO 2021 - MOUNT ISA RODEO 2021

as opposed to

MOUNT ISA RODEO 2021

In Windows File Explorer, what does that folder have as name?

In LrC, in Folders Panel, on parent folder, update folder location

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,
Absolutely no idea!
I called it Mount Isa Rodeo 2021, it was first imported in LR Ver 10 and when it updated to version 11 it gave it this name.
I have no previous version to revert to.
I can see all the images, the edited versions.
And each file has that ! in the top right corner.
It says in properties that there’s 3.51GB, 2934 files in 2865 folders (folder number seems a bit weird and the GB seems low for that many files.
The 2019 catalogue for example from the same event is 99.8GB with 7773 files in 102 folders
Cheers,
Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines