• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cc/LrC startup problems today

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cc opened in Windiws 10 with problems today. I skipped it because Windows 10 needed an update. Having updated Windows, Cc wouldn't start. There was a reference to Cc needing an update in the original error message, so I downloaded its installer... and tried to install. The installer appeared to simply quit, and Cc still refused to start up. I tried Ps, which started ok. I tried LrC, which ended up posting the error msg for sending to Adobe. I filled it out similar to this query. At a loss, I tried uninstalling LrC, to be followed by uninstalling Cc, but neither would uninstall with no indication as to why.

I'm at a loss as to what to try. Please advise...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

I just finished up with CC Photo support chat. They took over and re-installed CC and finished by referencing a corrupted CC app file. All seems to be working properly again, and thank you all for your help... Cheers from the Avalon Peninsula  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are referring to CC, you also referred to an installer. This makes me think you are running the very old Lightroom Perpetual that ended life at v6.14.

Or, a also very old version of what is now called Lightroom Classic, probably just at the beginning of the subscription model.

Adobe stopped using CC in the Lightroom program names.

So, what exact version do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I running the most recent versions that come with the Creative Clout Photo subscription. Referring the 'Cc' I thought would be good enough to reference the versions... otherwise I'm not that sure as to how I obtain the versions when the programs will not start(?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are new to the community. Included below is a nice how to guide for the community:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/m-...

One important tip is to include pertinent information for more timely and effective answers:

Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers
The more information you supply about your issue, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. If you're unsure on how to do this, you can copy and paste this template:

Explanation of the issue including what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you were trying to achieve, and any other information you may think is useful.
Adobe product and version number 
Operating system and version number 
Error message(s) (if applicable)
Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc. 
Screenshots of the problem (if applicable)

In this case, Program name and version, complete OS name and version at the very least.

for exmple:

Lightroom Classic, v10.3

Windows 10 version 19043 (actually that is the build, but LrC calls it version, good enough)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my answer to 'GoldingD' above regarding Adobe versions, but as to Windows 10, I also referenced having just updated it. So... everything is up to date. I should've been clearer, but I came to the community to look for recent problems without finding anything in a search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

extra tip

I tried Ps, which started ok. 

Not applicable, PS  LrC are very very different. Might as well state notepad works while MS Word does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True... but I thought it might be pertinent as all programs are partnof the Cc subscription 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I running the most recent versions that come with the Creative Clout Photo subscription. 

Often meaningless. We need actual program names, actual program versions.

For all is known, you could be talking Lightroom Desktop

For all we know, your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is having update issues, you might have Lightroom Classic 8.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not that sure as to how I obtain the versions when the programs will not start(?)

Bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA), mouse hover over Lightroom Classic, the installed version shoul appear.

For your OS version, see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-version-of-windows-operating-system-am-i-running-6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here ya go...

Windows 10 Home
21H1, build 19043.1151

Windows updates **scam email address** references)

Creative Cloud 5.5.0.617
Lightroom Classic 10.3
Photoshop 22.4.3.317

The Adobe versions are from the Windows settings apps' list. I'll be workig with this problem later today, and will let you know if anything pertinent is learned...

Cheers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a conflict between the pending LR and Windows updates. Try shutting down your Windows 10 system and restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooting the computer was one of my first efforts.

I apologize for including hyperlinks in my previous response. I only wanted to include the MS knowledgebase articles that referenced the **scam email address** article KB5004237.

I'm still at a loss. Cc will not run, and it simply blanks out with no error message at all. Windows won't let me uninstall it, stating that softwares depend on it. It seem I have to totally uninstall everything, but like I said previously Windows uninstaller will not work.

Is there a Adobe diagnostic I should be looking for? I hesitate to ask for a brute force uninstaller for fear all Lr and Ps preferences will be also removed.

Please advise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, LrC, so a possible cause/solution. I will make an assumption based on that. My assumption is LrC was working, but it was not properly closed last time. That it either crashed, or you forced it to close. As a result the lock file LrC creates at start did not get deleted. In theory, you should get an error message, but I have seen this to occur without noticing the error.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Should this be the case, Be very careful to delete the correct file as it is  similar to your catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks GoldinD... you were almost correct. The lock file did exist but it had yesterday's date on it, so it must've been the result of trying to open Lr and it crashing almost immediately, which is what happened just now. That is, I deleted the file... tried to open Lr, and when I thought is was just sbout to work it shut down again, leaving another lock file. Cc also still refuses to open.

I was reading elsewhere that it might help if I were to deactivate without uninstalling anything... but I cannot figure out how to logout without Cc running(?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will intentanaly reply twice as I have two separate unrelated possibilities, both may be wrong.

Bring that folder up again in your File Explorer. Delete the lock file. And double click on the catalog.

I do not know if that us what you previously did as opposed to starting LrC in the normal way.

Point is to make sure the catalog that had the lock file is in fact the catalog that LrC is attempting to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will get a bit wordy

Cc also still refuses to open.

What do you mean by CC?

and I notice

I was reading elsewhere that it might help if I were to deactivate without uninstalling anything.

So, perhaps you are referring to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA)? Some members have meant that. Confuses us old goats, we see  CC and immediately think, old Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, as in v6. first subscription option.

Moving on, a possible fix for connectivity issues, sometimes seen as authentication errors, is to bring up ACCDA, sign out, then sign in.

(ref 1) https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-not-launching-after-splash-screen.html

(ref 2) https://photographybay.com/2015/04/21/lightroom-cc-crashing-at-launch-heres-how-to-fix-it/

see above linked reference 1 for a second possibility (rare)

ACCDA is used for, and accomplishes, several things, one being authenticating the license with Adobe Servers . Another being activating the programs, and the reverse, deactivating the programs. Signing out in ACCDA will deactivate the programs, signing in will attempt to authenticate the subscription, and if successful, activate the programs

Naturally, do not do that if you are lacking Internet access.

P.S. a incomplete listing of what ACCDA accomplishes

• Install the programs
  • Uninstall the programs
  • Install Add-ins
  • Update/Upgrade the programs
  • Authenticat the license
  • Activate the programs
  • Deactivate the programs
  • and others

One bit of ACCDA advise, normally leave it alone, do not sign out. If you are about to go on a long trip without Internet, consider signing out, then signing in as to force a fresh authetication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your response...

Yes... I was referring to the desktop app as 'Cc', as I thought all subscribers turned to this central app for making sure everything was up to date, as well as using it for accessing Lr & Ps.

Thanks for taking the time. You've given me a lot to look into, and probably not until tomorrow... 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your response again, I should've more clear. When I said "Cc will not run...", I meant ACCDA will not run, so I have no way of deactivating in the usual way. Something is causing problems with both LrC and ACCDA, and neither of your reference links address the ACCDA also not working properly. 

If you're familiar with Windows, I typically start LC or Ps from pointers ("links") on the desktop or in my tray. Also, neither will work by dbl-clikking the 'exe'. Ps is the only program that will start up as usual, altho I have to admit I haven't yet actually used any of its tools or its embedded ACR, as I usually work from LrC and access Ps only for heavy lifting (and permanent or smart edits).

Now, with the ACCDA v Cc clarification, I think you now have a gist of my problem, and how to troubleshoot it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn! As I was closing out of my last reply a thought occurred to me, wondering if Ps would allow me to logout/deactivate (?). Sure enough it did, and even prompted me with "are you sure you want to logout of all CC apps". I logged back in by restarting Ps, but it did not fix either problem with LrC or ACCDA... ARGH#&*%!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that you consider using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner procedures.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just finished up with CC Photo support chat. They took over and re-installed CC and finished by referencing a corrupted CC app file. All seems to be working properly again, and thank you all for your help... Cheers from the Avalon Peninsula  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines