Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change gamut warning colour.

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible in Lightroom Classic to change the gamut warning colour when soft proofing from red to some other colour? I believe you can in Photoshop.

A lot of the images I work on have print gamut issues around reds and oranges (e.g. autumnal leaves), so having a red out of gamut warning colour is not helpful. Would like to be able to change it to a more conspicuous colour like blue when working on such images.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you cannot.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike PS no. 

But then again, the overlay isn't very useful (FWIW):

The Out Of Gamut Overlay in Photoshop and Lightroom

In this 25 minute video, I'll cover everything you need to know about the Out Of Gamut (OOG) overlay in Photoshop and Lightroom. You'll see why, with a rare exception, you can ignore this very old feature and still deal with out of gamut colors using modern color management tools.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00O-GTDyL0w
High resolution: http://digitaldog.net/files/OOG_Video.mp4

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, great video. I think my most valuable take away from this is to not worry too much about OOG for print when soft proofing so long as you are happy with what the image looks like once viewed with the profile. If I look at areas that are reported as OOG, the conversion made doesnt impact the image overall. So only address OOG if you dont like what the profile is going to do compared to the original on screen view. Find out in a few days as have a batch of test prints due to be delivered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines