Change Lightroom Library name

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Running LR 11.0.1 on a Mac.

Recently my library would not open on my iMac days after I'd done some work on in on my iPad. The library is stored in Dropbox.

Fortunately, my desktop Lightroom app opened the "conflicted copy", and that works on the desktop.

QUESTION: How do I RENAME THE LIBRARY that has opened so it isn't called "conflicted copy", without losing access to all of the associated files (see attached screen shot of the file suffixes)?

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

You can change the name in your operating system, with LrC closed. Its an ordinary file rename.

However, putting LrC catalogs in Dropbox will cause this problem to recur. It could even corrupt the catalog such that you won't be able to open it. LrC catalogs stored on DropBox is not recommended.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

The 'brief' knowledge base article from Adobe-

RENAME A CATALOG

And a little more comprehensive advice (updated for the October 2021 upgrades!)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/find-move-rename-catalog/

I would also advise NOT to use characters in the file names, other than Alphabetics or Numerals and spaces. ie Avoid (, ), #, $, %, etc.

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the name in your operating system, with LrC closed. Its an ordinary file rename.

However, putting LrC catalogs in Dropbox will cause this problem to recur. It could even corrupt the catalog such that you won't be able to open it. LrC catalogs stored on DropBox is not recommended.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will move my catalog (which I keep calling a "library") out of Dropbox for sure - thanks for that advice!

Further query - I assume synch with the Adobe Cloud will continue without any adjustment from my side, correct?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We cannot assume, or know,  it "will continue" sync but-

Check the Cloud icon (top-right of screen) that will indicate the Sync status. Click it for details.

And Check your Preferences / Lightroom Sync tab.

And advisaable to set the Location for files that download from the CLoud sync-

Rob_Cullen_0-1638225431799.png

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'brief' knowledge base article from Adobe-

RENAME A CATALOG

And a little more comprehensive advice (updated for the October 2021 upgrades!)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/find-move-rename-catalog/

I would also advise NOT to use characters in the file names, other than Alphabetics or Numerals and spaces. ie Avoid (, ), #, $, %, etc.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines