• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes to book module won't save

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent several months creating a book, which has worked perfectly until yesterday. I'm using Lightroom Classic version 11.0.1 and Windows 10. Suddenly the last 25 pages disappeared (which I can easily add back. That is not the problem I want to report. My collection of edited photos is still intact and I had saved a pdf version for reference before the problem began).

My greater problem is that since the pages disappeared, I cannot remove or rearrange pages and have the changes save. Likewise, I cannot change any of the cells on a page and have the change save. When I attempt to remove pages, I get the following error message: "Unexpected error performing command: invalid page number position". 

I've shut down and restarted my computer multiple times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of Lightroom Classic. I then installed version 11. None of these attempts solved the problem. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of questions to clarify-

How many pages are left remaining- after the pages disappeared?

There are limits to the number of pages you can have depending on the type of book you are creating (or changing).

Your "collection of edited photos" - Is that a 'Saved Book Collection' (specific type),  or a standard Collection?

Have you tried a reset of the Preferences file? Preferences Reset 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob: Thank you for your questions and recommended solutions.

I have 113 pages remaining after the pages disappeared.

My book is a "saved book collection".

I had not tried to reset the preferences prior to your recommendation. I have now done so and it did not correct the problem.

Since my initial post, I attempted to make changes to pages in another book, and the changes saved perfectly. The problem appears to be specific to just this one book. My simplest approach may be to start over from the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Good success with your 'new' book.

There were major problems with the Book module in Classic v8, but I have no answer for your loss of pages (in my experience).

A hint is to make a Duplicate copy of Saved Book Collections after each design session- works like a backup at each stage that gives you a possible 'step back'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob, thank you so much for taking the time to talk me through this. I'll try the duplicate copy strategy in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines