Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Changing EHD connected to LR Classic

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main EHD, 'Photo Files_4TB' is failing. I have revived it long enough to copy it to a new EHD, 'Photo Files_6TB'. There are almost four terabytes of photo files on the drive, including all the photos referenced by LRC. How do I change LRC so that it is referenced to the new drive instead of the old one which is no longer working? The new EHD has the exact same folder structure and file names as the old one that was referenced by LRC.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new EHD contains the same files in the same structure you are well on way to an easy transfer. See Part 2 of this linked tutorial http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the library module, right click on the top most folder(s) in the left-hand panel and choose the option to update the folder location. When Finder appears, browse to the folder on the new hard drive and choose it. Repeat that for each folder. If all of your folders are under one master folder then you will only have to do that for the one master folder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines