Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello 

im a wedding photografer

and im sending alot of pic to my cilents 

when im doing this . i resize the photos in LR 

when im doing this i change the name of the file to sequence with the letters of the cilent name 

for exp 

H & T - 1

H |& T - 2

and so on ... 

when i want to make an album form the files they are chosen i getting 

a new folder with 200 pic - this files are small and not good for print - so i need to choose the same files the calint send me in LR 

and export it without resize 

is there a way to do it fast ? 

elad_sasi_0-1619095206618.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried building an Export Preset with the file size you desire?

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears you may be using the 'Index Number' as a way to sequence the exported 'proofs'. I do not believe there is a way to easily match the Index Number as this can change. eg. By a change of 'sort', or removing files from the folder.

I suggest you export the proofs without a Rename. ie. Export with the same filename as the originals. Then you have a method to search from the Client's list of filenames. ie. you match the Client's Filenames with your original Filenames.

From my notes-

SEARCH FROM A LIST OF FILENAMES

To find a large selection of images from a text list you need to follow a set procedure-

Note: It does not work if there are spaces in filenames!

Lightroom-Classic needs access to all images that may be in the list- Click on ‘All Photographs’ in the Library Catalog  panel- left of screen, (or select the folder where all the searched images are known to exist), then-

1. Edit your Client's list in a text editor (MS-Word or Notepad, etc) so that the list of file-names are separated by commas and delete all Paragraph markers. (This is the time-consuming part!)

WobertC_0-1619135057043.jpeg

1. Select this list by high-lighting only the text characters with the mouse.

WobertC_1-1619135057049.jpeg

1. COPY the text list to the clip-board. [CTRL-C] or Right-click > Copy

1. In Lightroom-Classic:  Menu > Library > Find,  [CTRL+F]

or Click "Text" on the Library filter bar, and set it to- Filename / Contains.

1. Click in the Search box and paste the list [CTRL+V]  or Right-click > Paste

You will see all the listed images by Filename that can be then added to a Standard Collection.

Select all [CTRL+A], Click the Collection Panel [+], Check ‘add selected images’.

WobertC_2-1619135057053.jpeg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines