Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choosing between 2 almost identical LRC catalogs

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi--
I have struggled with dissociating my PC from onedrive syncing (which kept on locking up).  I am finally there, but am left with two lightroom catalogs (one created by onedrive when it couldn't sync).  I have not done anything in LRC except open it once and change preview size over the past few days.

I'm pretty gun-shy at this point after so many struggles so I just wanted to double check my next steps. I'm tempted to move the LAPTOP catalog to a different drive, delete the lock file (task manager says LRC is not running), and try to open LRC. If the regular catalog is good, then I'll delete the LAPTOP catalog. I don't know what the 5000kb difference is between the 2 catalogs, and that bothers me. Am I doing the right thing? 
Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-10-16 072843.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Update on result:  The LAPTOP catalog (renamed by onedrive when it couldn't reconcile the onedrive files with local files) was up to date.  The catalog with the original name (which onedrive thought it had backed up) was missing about a weeks worth of photos.  Issue resolved.  Thanks for the help.  I have disabled onedrive :).  

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the timestamps, the laptop catalog appears to have some editing that the other catalog does not have. You will have to decide whether or not that editing is critical and needs to be retained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can keep both of them, investigate both, and decide. I'm not sure I see an issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's the answer--no issue.  I will try opening one, and if it's good, offload the other.  If not, I'll try opening the other.  I've never had 2 catalogs before, so was a bit concerned.  Thanks for the reassurance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update on result:  The LAPTOP catalog (renamed by onedrive when it couldn't reconcile the onedrive files with local files) was up to date.  The catalog with the original name (which onedrive thought it had backed up) was missing about a weeks worth of photos.  Issue resolved.  Thanks for the help.  I have disabled onedrive :).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines