Classic Catalog Update Frozen - Lightroom 4 to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 3.25 GB Lightroom catalog from Lightroom v4 in an external hard drive (HDD) that I am trying to open with Lightroom Classic in my new Creative Cloud subscription.

The Catalog Upgrade in Progress window comes up but freezes shortly after starting, with the new catalog file seemingly frozen at 1.12 GB.

Things I have tried:

1. Deleting lock files and leaving the update running for 3 hours, but there is not progress.

2. Making sure permissions of all files in the drive are set to current user with: sudo chown -R myusername enclosing_catalog_folder
3. Looking for any information in log files, for example, /private/var/tmp/lr-classic-cef.log but I am probably looking at the wrong place as this file is empty.

lightroom-4-to-lightroom-classic-catalog-update-troubleshooting-1.jpg

I am going to try leaving it overnight to see if it completes, then come back and update this thread, but thought I’d ask for suggestions in the meantime. Any help is much appreciated.

Simon

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021
@GoldingD: It was taken to show that the splash screen did not close. Good news: The update completed at 2:44pm, so almost 5 hours after I started it. Over 100,000 photographs and things seem to be working smoothly, so I’m happy 

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiry for clarity

That screenshot of the splash screen, was that just taken by you as to show version, or to show that the splash screen did not close?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@GoldingD: It was taken to show that the splash screen did not close.

Good news: The update completed at 2:44pm, so almost 5 hours after I started it.

Over 100,000 photographs and things seem to be working smoothly, so I’m happy 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines