• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean Lightroom

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if my question was alredy answered.

I have 3 catalogs from the same days.

Does I need keep all of them?

Snip20220414_6.png

Thank you in advance for your answer, elwira

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

These are not three catalogs. There is one catalog, which is the .lrcat file. The Previews.lrdata file is a helper file that belongs to the catalog. You should not delete it. The .zip file seems to be a catalog backup. Apparently you let Lightroom made a backup on quit. Making backups is a good idea, but it is better to let Lightroom save them on another disk if possible. You can choose the destination in the backup dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

These are not 3 catalogs. Only the .lrcat is a catalog. The other is the previews, which LrC uses, and a .zip file, which I don't know why it is there, probably something you did.

You need the .lrcat file and the previews.lrdata file. I don't think you need the .zip file, but as I said, I don't know why it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Lightroom forum so that proper help can be offered.

[moved again by moderator. This belongs in Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom ecosystem]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not three catalogs. There is one catalog, which is the .lrcat file. The Previews.lrdata file is a helper file that belongs to the catalog. You should not delete it. The .zip file seems to be a catalog backup. Apparently you let Lightroom made a backup on quit. Making backups is a good idea, but it is better to let Lightroom save them on another disk if possible. You can choose the destination in the backup dialog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are not 3 catalogs. Only the .lrcat is a catalog. The other is the previews, which LrC uses, and a .zip file, which I don't know why it is there, probably something you did.

You need the .lrcat file and the previews.lrdata file. I don't think you need the .zip file, but as I said, I don't know why it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines