Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean up Lightroom catalogue folder

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered, I would have thought it would have but couldn't find anything in my search.

My catalogue updated to v11 today. Looking in my Lightroom folder I have lots of v10 and v10-11 files and folders. I'm just trying to figure out whether any of this is no longer needed and what can be deleted.

This is how my folder currently looks:

lightroom cat.jpg

Can I get rid of anything that doesn't say v11? What about the v10-v11 bits?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Before you trash anything, check out your catalogs very carefully! You may have just upgraded an old catalog! 'Lightroom catalog v10-v11' is probably a catalog that was first upgraded to version 10, and then later to version 11. That sounds like a catalog you have been using for a long time. 'Lightroom catalog-v11' looks like it's an upgraded copy of 'Lightroom catalog', so that could actually be a much older version that suddenly got upgraded by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you trash anything, check out your catalogs very carefully! You may have just upgraded an old catalog! 'Lightroom catalog v10-v11' is probably a catalog that was first upgraded to version 10, and then later to version 11. That sounds like a catalog you have been using for a long time. 'Lightroom catalog-v11' looks like it's an upgraded copy of 'Lightroom catalog', so that could actually be a much older version that suddenly got upgraded by mistake.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, something strange is happening. So, I reinstalled Windows yesterday and reinstalled Lightroom today. On opening after reinstalling, I got the message that my catalogue will be upgraded to v11.

Checking now, Lightroom is missing my pictures from 2021 (they are still on my SDD in my raw files folder. I'm guessing they are in the v10-v11 catalogue files. How can I tell Lightroom to use that catalogue? Would moving all the non v10-v11 catalogue files/folders to a temporary directory force it to use the v10-v11 catalogue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I opened the v10-v11 catalouge and all my pictures are present.

Can I safely delete all the non v10-v11 files/folders? Or at least move them into a temporary folder whilst I verify everything seems ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Matt5CDB wrote:

Update: I opened the v10-v11 catalouge and all my pictures are present.

Can I safely delete all the non v10-v11 files/folders? Or at least move them into a temporary folder whilst I verify everything seems ok?

You probably can, but moving them into a temporary folder first sounds like a safe idea.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines