Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Clone tool hiding the clone area

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. LR Classic Ver.12.0.1
2. iMac Monterey 12.6.1
3. Whenever cloning something in the new LR Classic there is a black symbol hiding the actual clone area. All the other types of repair tools have the same bug.
4. I expect to see what I´m doing. It´s hard enough in LR since you can only zoom 100%.

Idea

1. It would be a good idea to not have that covering the area that you want to clone.
2. It would make my work faster, make me feel more sure of what I´m doing if I could see.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the Tool Overlay in the lower left corner to 'Never'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"It´s hard enough in LR since you can only zoom 100%."

You can use the Healing and Masking tools at higher magnifications, e.g.

johnrellis_0-1667416789944.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Lightroom Classic has had a new zoom method for a while now that few people seem to know. If you hold down the Cmd-key on a Mac (that would be the Ctrl-key on Windows), then your zoom cursor changes from a simply loupe to a loupe with a dotted rectangle. That means you can now draw a rectangle in the image and then Lightroom will zoom into that rectangle. That means you have a stepless zoom option up to 1600%.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
Then it seems I have another bug. 🙂
That doesn´t work for me. I still only have fixed steps of zoom levels.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you don't have your own personal bugs. Make sure you do not have a tool selected. So without any tool selected, zoom in first using this method. Then select the clone tool.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines