• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Tool - no more circles - no grey dot indicators

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop and Lightroom for well over 20 years.  I was just doing some quick editing in LRC v12 for Windows, and went to use the clone tool.  They removed the two circles where you can select where exactly you're cloning.  Or even the dots indicating that you have clones applied in the image.  I often used this to identify sensor/lens dust correction in my photos.  I searched in help to find updated information and there is nothing recent, and no easy way to sort help results be descending order.  This is a MAJOR change we should have been alerted to.  OR we should be able to revert to the last implementation.  Sort of like how Microsoft Office does.

Now I need to revert ASAP, and that is a hassle.  Then consider leaving Lightroom if this is the direction they plan on continuing in.  Maybe just work on the 5-10 second lag/loading with 100% viewing of 45mp images.

PS  Sorry for any typos the auto-correct feature of my web browser does not work in the Adobe Support Community.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this issue with the clone tool here. What version NUMBER of Windows?

Revert back to the previous version is easy in the Adobe Creative Cloud application. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.  Windows 10 Pro 64bit.  I work in technical support/consulting and it is not the operating system.  As you can see below the clone dot indicators are missing.

20221028-clone-tool.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the lower left corner of your screenshot. The visibility of the Tool Overlay is set to 'never'. That is what is causing this. You asked Lightroom to never show the overlays, so it complies. Set it to Auto or Always or Selected. Pressing the H key will toggle this too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines