• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloning, healing frustratingly slow since 12.1 update

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find anything in a search and I don't know if it's only me, but since the 12.1 update cloning and healing has become a frustratingly slow process. It takes - literally - 10-15 seconds for a stroke of the healing/cloning brush to process and show.

Windows 10, 11th Gen i7, 32Gb RAM, plenty of space on HD and multiple scratch disks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Try setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.  Does that help?

2. Try updating your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

If that doesn't help, please copy/paste here the entire contents of the LR menu command Help > System Info -- that will let us see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, for your suggestions.

Graphics processor is off, and the drivers are all up-to-date.
Do note that I only got this issue after the update to 12.1. Before that everything worked fine.

Interesting thing, not sure if that makes the difference, is that according to the System Info, Lightroom thinks I'm running Windows 8 Business Edition, while I'm actually running Windows 10 Pro.

ArnoEnzo_0-1674805832840.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Direct: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (30.0.14.7298)"

That driver is a year old. Download the latest Studio driver (from 1/23/23) here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/198731/en-us/ 

Then try with the graphics processor Off and on Auto in Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
Updated driver, but there's still a lag in both "Off" and "Auto".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're working with an Nvidia 3070 Laptop GPU. Your machine might likely have integrated GPU cores with the onboard processor.

Try these two steps:

• Set the default GPU for Lightroom following the steps here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/set-up-gpu-for-high-performance-in-ph...
    Instead of Photoshop.exe > Go to Lightroom Classic's installation folder & use Lightroom.exe

• On Windows, the GPU info & Logs location is %APPDATA%\Adobe\CameraRaw. A shortcut to get to this folder on Windows is:

• Press the Windows + R
    • Enter %APPDATA%\Adobe\CameraRaw

SameerK_0-1675258612116.png

• Rename the GPU & Logs folder in this directory by adding .old at the end. (GPU.old & Logs.old)
    • Restart Lightroom Classic, which should capture the updated driver & hardware capabilities.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,
Thanks for that. It seems like it hasn't made a difference. The lag is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check if performance improves with only one display connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines